Re: vacuum verbose detail logs are unclear; log at *start* of each stage

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: vacuum verbose detail logs are unclear; log at *start* of each stage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 24 Mar 2020, at 22:58, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> The really fundamental problem with this is that you are trying to make
> the server do what is properly the client's job, namely format messages
> nicely.  Please read the message style guidelines [1], particularly
> the bit about "Formatting", which basically says "don't":

This thread has stalled since the last CF with Tom's raised issue unanswered,
and the patch no longer applies.  I'm closing this as Returned with Feedback,
if there is an updated patchset then please re-open the entry.

cheers ./daniel