Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/9/21 12:19 PM, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:

> On 09-Feb-2021, at 12:11, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> writes:
>> Here’s what I get when I do "otool -L /usr/local/bin/psql";
>
>> /usr/local/bin/psql:
>>     /usr/local/lib/libpq.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.13.0)
>>     /usr/local/opt/readline/lib/libreadline.8.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current version 8.0.0)
>>     /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1292.0.0)
>
> Right, so that's using a version of libreadline that's supplied by
> Homebrew (the /usr/local/opt path is the giveaway on that).
>
> I don't know whether these things represent an intentional change
> of libreadline's behavior in Homebrew's build, or a bug, but in
> either case you should take the issue to the Homebrew support forums.
> If it's intentional, I imagine there's a way to get the old behavior
> back.
>
> Also, libreadline is fairly configurable, so maybe this boils down
> to some unintentional change in your ~/.inputrc ?
>
>             regards, tom lane
>
> —————
> > Thank you very much, Tom. It seems, then, that we have the
“microscopic” explanation. I’ll have to to a fair bit of research to
find out what to do to fix this problem.

I would start here:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/HEAD/Formula/postgresql.rb

and contact the maintainer:

https://github.com/MikeMcQuaid

FYI, the formula points at another formula for readline:

def install
     ENV.prepend "LDFLAGS", "-L#{Formula["openssl@1.1"].opt_lib}
-L#{Formula["readline"].opt_lib}"
     ENV.prepend "CPPFLAGS", "-I#{Formula["openssl@1.1"].opt_include}
-I#{Formula["readline"].opt_include}"

which can be found here:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/HEAD/Formula/readline.rb

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1
Сообщение: Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1