Re: Use Postgres as a column store by creating one table per column

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Use Postgres as a column store by creating one table per column
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 22/05/19 4:28 PM, Lev Kokotov wrote:
> Is it efficient to use Postgres as a column store by creating one
> table per column?
>
> I would query it with something like `[...] UNION SELECT value AS
>
> I'm thinking since Postgres stores tables in continuous blocks of 16MB
> each (I think that's the default page size?) I would get efficient
> reads and with parallel queries I could benefit from multiple cores.

Take a look at Zedstore, which is a column store built to plug into v12
storage layer:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALfoeiuF-m5jg51mJUPm5GN8u396o5sA2AF5N97vTRAEDYac7w%40mail.gmail.com

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Use Postgres as a column store by creating one table per column
От: Ancoron Luciferis
Сообщение: UUID v1 optimizations...