RE: libpq debug log

От Iwata, Aya
Тема RE: libpq debug log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Kirk,

Thank you for your reviewing.

> Docs:
> It would be better to have reference to the documentations of Frontend/Backend
> Protocol's "Message Format".
I added a link to "Protocol's Message Formats" and little explanation to PQtrace() documentation.

> Code:
> There are some protocol message types from frontend that you missed indicating
> (non BYTE1 types):
> CancelRequest (F), StartupMessage (F), SSLRequest (F).
>
> Although I haven't tested those actual protocols, I assume it will be printed
> as the following since the length and message will still be recognized.
> ex. Timestamp 8 80877103
>
> So you need to indicate these protocol message types as intended.
> ex. Timestamp > SSLRequest 8 80877103
Thank you. I changed code to output these information.
For that, I added code to check the int32 content which  StartupMessage (F) and SSLRequest (F) have.
And CancelRequest is not targeted because it calls send() directly.

Regards,
Aya Iwata

Вложения

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Unhappy about API changes in the no-fsm-for-small-rels patch
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: findTargetlistEntrySQL92() and COLLATE clause