RE: libpq debug log

От Iwata, Aya
Тема RE: libpq debug log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Jacob san,

Thank you for your comment! And sorry for late reply...

> Couple additional thoughts from a read-through of the patch:
>
> - PQtrace() and the new trace-logging machinery overlap in some places but
> not others -- and if both are set, PQtrace() will take precedence.
> It seems like the two should not be separate.
I understand. This log is acquired for the purpose of investigating the cause part (server side or application side)
whenperformance is bad.

So I will search whether getting other place of PQtrace() is necessary or not.
And I will reply after the research, please wait for a while a little.

> - It isn't immediately clear to me how the new information in the logs is
> intended to be used in concert with the old information. Maybe this goes back
> to the comments by Tom and Robert higher in the thread -- that an overhaul
> of the PQtrace system is due. This patch as presented would make things a
> little worse before they got better, I think.
>
> That said, I think the overall idea -- application performance information
> that can be enabled via the environment, without requiring debugging
> privileges on a machine or the need to manually correlate traces made by other
> applications -- is a good one, and something I would use.
Thank you. I think so, too. Some applications cannot be stopped to add the PQtrace() code.

Regards,
Aya Iwata

От: "Iwata, Aya"
Сообщение: RE: libpq debug log
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove WITH OIDS support, change oid catalog columnvisibility.