Re: Crash in postgres/linux on verly large database

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: Crash in postgres/linux on verly large database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Different file system but we've loaded 39,000,000 row tables (about 30 gigs of spatial data) without any issues ... CPU
loadwas 1.something for a while but not problems with loading, indexing or doing the stats command. I might suspect the
underlyingOS ...

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Ankenbrand [mailto:b.ankenbrand@media-one.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 4:22 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Crash in postgres/linux on verly large database

Hi,

we have a table width about 60.000.000 entrys and about 4GB storage size.
When creating an index on this table the whole linux box freezes and the
reiser-fs file system is corrupted on not recoverable.

Does anybody have experience with this amount of data in postgres 7.4.2?
Is there a limit anywhere?

Thanks

Bernhard Ankenbrand

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend