Re: setting last_value of sequence

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: setting last_value of sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Perhaps:
SELECT SETVAL('resrc_serial', MAX(resource_id)) FROM ia_resources;
               the sequence        the column          the table
This sets the sequence to the highest number after I have used "copy" to load a table; other values instead of MAX()
couldbe used (e.g. 123456, etc.).

HTH,

Greg Williamson

-----Original Message-----
From: John Harrold [mailto:jmh17@pitt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 2:01 PM
To: pgsql general list
Subject: [GENERAL] setting last_value of sequence

i've run into the situation where i need to set the last_value of a
sequence. can someone tell me how this is done?

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E