Re: fsync and Windows XP

От Jon Norman
Тема Re: fsync and Windows XP
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I've tried the different wal_sync_method settings and nothing seems to work.

I don't know if it matters, but I'm running PostgreSQL on an XP Embedded
system. Initially, I had most of my tables installed in the default
location, c:\program files\postgresql\8.3\data, on compact flash -- which is
protected with Enhanced Write Filter (EWF) and uses Hibernate Once Resume
Many (HORM). My log tables were mapped to a solid state drive using
tablespace definitions. This configuration didn't seem to work very well so
I ended up installing everything to the solid state drive that isn't being
protected with EWF and is not part of the hibernated image. When I
disconnect power from the system I'd like to see recently added records show
up on the next boot. If I perform a clean shutdown of the system the records
written to disk.

>>What is the trick for getting the fsync feature to work with Windows XP.
>> I've turned off disk caching and set fsync = on in my postgresql.conf,
>> but records are still not immediately written to disk.
>
> Check out the wal_sync_method parameter:
> <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-wal.html>
>
> Rainer

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: