RE: Reliability Stability of PgSQL & it's JDBC driver

От Nathan Barnett
Тема RE: Reliability Stability of PgSQL & it's JDBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am currently using PostgreSQL with a production system using JSP's and
Servlets.  The system currently services 250,000 SQL hits a day.  The only
problem that I have had is with the database pooling.  I had to write my own
custom database pooling code because I wasn't able to find any that worked
appropriately for my situation.  This is certainly not a Postgres issue
though.  Postgres has performed excellently for my project.  The main
problem that you have in a production system is the VACUUM of the database.
This will in most cases severely inhibit performance.  If your system isn't
24x7, then you should be fine as you can schedule this for off times.  I
believe that the need to vacuum the database will be removed in the next
version due to WAL functionality, but I'm sure someone else is better
qualified to explain that.  I just wanted to vouch for the stability of
Postgres in a production environment.

Nathan Barnett