Re: Re: pg_basebackup vs archive_command - looking for WAL archive older than archive_command start

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Re: pg_basebackup vs archive_command - looking for WAL archive older than archive_command start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/17/2016 04:03 PM, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> On 07/17/2016 06:35 PM, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>>
>> Why is the pg_basebackup restore looking for a WAL file that is even
>> older than the ones I have, when I turned on WAL archiving before I
>> started the pg_basebackup?
>
> Figured it out.. the error is from a secondary slave trying to sync from
> the machine I just restored the pg_basebackup.
>

>> Also, why is that one WAL archive named differently with .backup?
>
> Still would be nice to know the above..

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/continuous-archiving.html

24.3.2. Making a Base Backup

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Francisco Reyes
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup vs archive_command - looking for WAL archive older than archive_command start