Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed if view is based on sequence

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed if view is based on sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> On 20 July 2017 at 13:23, tushar <tushar.ahuja@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> postgres=# create sequence seq_9166 start 1 increment 1;
>> CREATE SEQUENCE
>> postgres=# create or replace view v3_9166 as select * from seq_9166;
>> CREATE VIEW

> This is because sequence_name, start_value, increment_by, max_value,
> min_value, cache_value and is_cycled are no longer output when
> selecting from sequences.

Yes.  This will not be "fixed"; you'll have to adjust the view before
you can update it to v10.  (If you want those values, you should now
get them out of the pg_sequence catalog.)

This should have been called out as a significant incompatibility
in the v10 release notes, but I see that it's not listed in the
right section.  Will fix that ...