Re: Sun Server Location

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sun Server Location
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Does it come with a StorEdge array also? The specs say it only supports
>> 4 drives internally. What disks are we talking?

> Four.  There's some limit on the donation, and since Sun doesn't
> manufacture their own disks, the machines are disk-light.

That's too bad.  With such a serious server, it would be nice to have
some serious disk too, so that community members could experiment with
enterprise-level performance scenarios.

Is there any chance of scaring up some real disk storage from another
interested company?  I understand the point that Sun isn't in a position
to contribute major disk hardware, but maybe someone else is?

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: