Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Дата
Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: Updated backslash consistency patch  (Greg Stark <greg.stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The basic goal of the patch was to make 'S' consistent for all \d
> backslash commands, and we had a lot of discussion about it, and many
> people asked for it (I can't find my user functions).

I think this falls in the category of "be careful what you wish for,
you might get it".  It is now blindingly obvious that the folks asking
for that had not actually lived with the behavior for any period of
time.

Personally I think we should just revert the patch and go back to the
behavior we've had for umpteen years.  However, if you cannot bear to
leave well enough alone, how about *reversing* the sense --- that is,
default behavior is to show everything and there is an extra character
to omit system objects?