Re: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon

От MauMau
Тема Re: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Simon Riggs
> Passing detailed info between servers is exactly what XL does.
>
> It requires us to define a cluster, exactly as XL does.
>
> And yes, its a good idea to replicate some tables to all nodes, as
XL does.

> So it seems we have at last some agreement that some of the things
XL
> does are the correct approaches.

Exactly.  I was impressed when I read the paper on XC for the first
time.  I respect what Suzuki-san and people from NTT, EnterpriseDB,
and 2ndQuadrant have done for XC/XL.  Just like some people believe we
should leverage the artifact for FDW, I think we should leverage the
code and idea of XC/XL.

Regards
MauMau