Re: Executing on the connection?

От Denis Laxalde
Тема Re: Executing on the connection?
Дата
Re: Executing on the connection?  (Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com>)
Список psycopg
Daniele Varrazzo a écrit :
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 at 11:20, Daniele Varrazzo
> <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm toying with the idea of adding a 'connection.execute(query,
>> [params])' methd, which would basically just create a cursor
>> internally, query on it, and return it. No parameter could be passed
>> to the cursor() call, so it could only create the most standard,
>> client-side cursor (or whatever the default for the connection is, if
>> there is some form of cursor_factory, which hasn't been implemented in
>> psycopg3 yet). For anything more fancy, cursor() should be called
>> explicitly.
>
> This is what I've pushed earlier:
>
> https://www.psycopg.org/psycopg3/docs/connection.html#psycopg3.Connection.execute

It did not strike me earlier, but it looks a bit weird to have
connection.execute() return a "cursor" to read results while this
"cursor" can also be used to execute commands. So, perhaps, another
object, with only the interface for result retrieval would be more
appropriate?

Otherwise, that's a very nice addition, thanks!

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Executing on the connection?
Сообщение: Re: Executing on the connection?