Re: strange error

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: strange error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I tried it on a test RedHat server
PostgreSQL 8.0.2beta1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
and the problem didn't occur. It is a slightly newer version, though,
so it doesn't prove anything. But the Gentoo is my production machine,
so I guess I'll have to figure out a way around it. I'll post again if
if I can figure out exactly where the problem is occurring.

Thank You
Sim

Sim Zacks <sim@compulab.co.il> writes:
> The version (from select version()) is
> PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc (GCC) 3.3.5  (Gentoo Linux 3.3.5-r1,
ssp-3.3.2-3,pie-8.7.7.1)

Gentoo eh?  When you run a bleeding-edge distribution, sometimes you get
nicked :-(.  I'm betting this is some weird kernel bug.  You might try
another distro with tighter quality control.