Re: "Invalid character data was found"

От J M Okomba
Тема Re: "Invalid character data was found"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
The problem is the front-end/back-end character conversion. If you're using
pgjdbc2.jar (or earlier drivers) there will be no problem. You only need to
provide charSet option in your connection string e.g.:

String DBUrl = "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/Database?charSet=LATIN1'";

If you're using pg73jdbc3.jar and later drivers then you need to specify the
charSet when creating the database e.g. :

createdb -U user -h localhost -E 'LATIN1' Database

To do this I had to dump the database, recreate it (as above) and then
restore the data.

I hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient.Any disclosure, copying or distribution of all or part of the information contained herein to or by third
partiesis prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error please notify K&M Insurance Brokers
Ltdthrough info@kabage.co.ke immediately. In any event the contents herein is without prejudice.