Re: Isn't non-TEST_AND_SET code long dead?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Isn't non-TEST_AND_SET code long dead?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
> On a somewhat related note, what about the NO_SECURITY defines
> strewn throughout the backend? Does anyone run the server with
> NO_SECURITY defined? And if so, what benefit is that over just
> running with everything owned by the same user?

I suppose the idea was to avoid expending *any* cycles on security
checks if you didn't need them in your particular situation.  But
offhand I've never heard of anyone actually using the feature.  I'm
dubious whether the amount of time saved would be worth the trouble.