Re: Date/time value 'current' no longer available

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Date/time value 'current' no longer available
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Randall Perry <rgp@systame.com> writes:
> I'm upgrading to 7.2 and saw this in the FAQ. Does this mean any value with
> current at the beginning no longer works -- i.e. current_timestamp?

No, it means the magic value 'current' is no longer available.
This has nothing to do with any SQL-specified behavior; it was a
poorly-considered hack that we inherited from Berkeley.

> If not, what's suggested in it's place?

'now' still works, but doesn't have quite the same behavior ('now' is
converted to a specific timestamp upon input).