Re: possible bug

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: possible bug
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/21/22 10:57 AM, Les wrote:
> One of my colleagues pointed out, that they query returns a different
> result, if I cast the head_table_id condition to float8 and then back to
> int8.
>
> SELECT
> c.id <http://c.id>,
>      tt.code,
>      c.regno,
>      (
>          select count(*)
>          FROM kap.course_user cu
>          JOIN wf.workflow w_1 ON w_1.rec_id = cu.id <http://cu.id> AND
> w_1.head_table_id::float8::int8 = 25408438504
>          where cu.is_active AND cu.course_id = c.id <http://c.id> AND
> w_1.station_id = 25406740434
>      ) AS col_3
> FROM
>      kap.course c
>      INNER JOIN kap.training_type tt ON tt.id <http://tt.id> =
> c.training_type_id
> where c.id <http://c.id> in (26437091668, 26643094740)
>
> Returns:
>
> id         |code|regno|col_3|
> -----------+----+-----+-----+
> 26437091668|TA-T| 2632|    1|
> 26643094740|PEG | 2905|    0|
>
> Although all identifier columns are defined as int8.

So what happens if query the table directly?:

select * from wf.workflow  where head_table_id::float8::int8 = 25408438504;

vs

select * from wf.workflow  where head_table_id = 25408438504;

FYI, the convention on the list is to not top post, but instead to
bottom or inline post. Also to trim out material which was covered in

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com