Re: Trouble starting Postgresql after an upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trouble starting Postgresql after an upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com> writes:
> I’m having a little trouble and I hope someone can point me towards a fix. ☺
> We’ve been using Pg 9.3.4 and just upgraded to 9.5.1. I’ve installed it on 1 server and it works. ☺ However, when I
copiedthose binaries over to a 2nd server, I find that they won’t start normally. I can do “/etc/init.d/postgresql-9.5
start”from anywhere and it fails to start. Looking in the script, I believe the important line (expanded via bash -x)
is:

> + echo -n 'Starting postgresql-9.5 service: '
> Starting postgresql-9.5 service: + runuser -l postgres -c '/opt/pgsql-9.5/bin/postmaster -p '\''5432'\'' -D
'\''/nms-db/9.5/data'\'' &'

> In the pgstartup.log, I see:

> LOG:  skipping missing configuration file "/home/postgres/postgresql.auto.conf"
> 2016-07-12 22:16:41 GMT [6066]: [2-1] user=,db=,app= FATAL:  "/home/postgres" is not a valid data directory
> 2016-07-12 22:16:41 GMT [6066]: [3-1] user=,db=,app= DETAIL:  File "/home/postgres/PG_VERSION" is missing.

The postmaster is evidently deciding that /home/postgres is supposed to be
the data directory.  The only theory I can think of to explain this is
that /nms-db/9.5/data contains a postgresql.conf file that sets
data_directory in a way that resolves as that.  It is definitely finding
a postgresql.conf somewhere, else you'd not have gotten this far.

> To make the problem more interesting, I can bring the DB engine up if I use pg_ctl … but only if I’m in the data dir.

Possibly you have "data_directory = ." or something like that in the
config file?

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Trouble starting Postgresql after an upgrade
От: Tim Dawborn
Сообщение: Re: Upsert with a partial unique index constraint violation