Connection Troubleshooting - Password Problem???

От Sunburned Surveyor
Тема Connection Troubleshooting - Password Problem???
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
pgAdmin Users,

I'm trying to make the switch from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

I used the latest PostgreSQL 8.0 MSI to install PostgreSQL with no
problems. It was installed as a service, and a cluster.

I selected "postgres" for the service account name, and a password for
the service.
I also selected a password for the DC Cluster install.

When I fire up pgAdmin, I have 2 servers listed on the right-hand side
tree view under the "Servers" logo.

PostgreSQL Server (localhost:5432)
PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 (localhost:5432)

Both of the servers have a red "X" over their logos. PostgresSQL is
running as a service on my    computer.

I can successfully connect to "PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0
(localhost:5432)" using my DB Cluster password.

However, when I try to connect to PostgreSQL Server (localhost:5432),
with either password set during installation, I receive a 'FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "Landon"' message.

What is the difference between the 2 servers listed? How do I log into
the first? I think I've got a password problem, but I'm not sure how
to fix it. I've checked the pgAdmin FAQ and help.

I appreciate any assistance. This looks like a great opensource tool.

The Sunburned Surveyor