Re: large object support in PostGres 7.4

От Volkan YAZICI
Тема Re: large object support in PostGres 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

On 6/7/05, Vadivel Subramaniam
<vadivel.subramaniam@flextronicssoftware.com> wrote:
> My doubt is, do these API's operate on character data?   i.e., My table
> schema is like this
>
> table (name varchar, script varchar).  I have to store a large data(in
> character form) in the script column (upto 3 MB).
>
> As of my understanding the above mentioned API's work on the OID field.
> i.e,.  table(name varchar, script oid).  Is that correct?

Yep. Large Objects are stored (and distributed between rows) in a
specific table: `pg_largeobject'. You can use these lo records by
referencing to their OIDs. Furthermore, you cannot (also shouldn't)
reach data on pg_largeobject with another function/routine out of
supplied lo_... functions by libpq.

> Please clarify this if anyone has already used this large object APIs and
> specify if this has any limitation on the size?

Yes, there's a limitation about 'em. (2GB) For more information please see:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/largeobjects.html

Regards.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: