Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round3 - libraries resolved, still can't compile :(

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round3 - libraries resolved, still can't compile :(
Дата
Ответ на Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round3 - libraries resolved, still can't compile :(  (Martin Goodson <kaemaril@googlemail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 05/14/2017 02:43 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
> On 12/05/2017 18:57, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> On 05/12/2017 09:19 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
>>> On 12/05/2017 16:59, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>>

>> To make things easier I would remove the deb installed Postgres, it
>> just adds complexity to the situation without providing benefit.
>>

>>> Many thanks!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Martin.
>>

> Progress of a sort. Kinda.
>

> This is getting rather frustrating :)

I understand. I just installed  EDB Postgres 9.6.3 on my openSUSE Leap
42.2 machine and tried to compile repmgr against it. No joy. Seems to be
some sort of library mismatch with krb5. I can compile/install it
against my source installed(www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/) version of
Postgres.

> Any suggestions, anyone? Is this another obvious thing that crops up
> when compiling anything in PostgreSQL? Or have I hit an 'issue'?

It is a compilation error not specific to Postgres. Remember what you
downloaded is a third party build for a generic platform. I am guessing
you chose Linux X86-64. Best guess is that the libraries that where
compiled by EDB for the build are not an exact match for the libraries
you have on your machine. Someone with more experience will need to
interpret what:

/usr/bin/ld: /postgresql/software/9.6.2/lib/libpgport.a(path.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

means?

I used to point folks to the EDB forums when we got to this point. The
EDB website was redesigned and I can't find the forums any more. You
said earlier that your company policy was to use the EDB installer. Does
the company have a support contract that you can use to get answers?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com