Re: share lock when only one user connected?

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: share lock when only one user connected?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 28 Oct 2010, at 19:28, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

> I'm running this query when I'm the only user and this should be the
> only thing running.
>
> update catalog_items
>  from (
>    select a.id, a.codice, a.codicealt,
>    from
>      import.Articoli a
>      left join import.ArticoliPropTipo_1 ip on a.id=ip.idArt
>      where a.action=8
>    ) as s
>    where s.id=catalog_items.ItemID
> ;
>
> And I get
>
> DETAIL:  Process 7188 waits for ShareLock on transaction 110562621;
> blocked by process 7244. Process 7244 waits for ShareLock on
> transaction 110562544; blocked by process 7188.
>
> On that table 2 triggers are defined:

You left out the actual trigger definitions ;)

Could it be possible that you accidentally call the wrong trigger on update of catalog_items?

Another possibility is that the trigger on catalog_items has a side-effect of updating catalog_brands - which in turn
updatescatalog_items again, causing your situation.