Re: pause recovery if pitr target not reached

От Leif Gunnar Erlandsen
Тема Re: pause recovery if pitr target not reached
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>"Peter Eisentraut" <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> skrev 6. november 2019 kl. 08:32:
>
>> Btw., this discussion/patch seems related:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/a3f650f1-fb0f-c913-a000-a4671f12a013@postgrespro.ru

I have read through this other proposal. As far as I could see in the suggested patch, it does not solve the same
problem.
It still stops recovery when the recovery process does not find any more WAL.
I would like the process to pause so administrator get to choose to find more WAL to apply.

My patch should probably be extended to include
RECOVERY_TARGET_XID, RECOVERY_TARGET_NAME, RECOVERY_TARGET_LSN as well as RECOVERY_TARGET_TIME.

---
Leif Gunnar Erlandsen