Re: GUC for data checksums

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: GUC for data checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On 15. September 2013 00:25:34 +0200 Andres Freund
<andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Looks like a good idea to me. The implementation looks sane as well,
> except that I am not sure if we really need to introduce that faux
> variable. If the variable cannot be set and we have a SHOW hook, do we
> need it?

It's along the line with the other informational variables like block_size
et al. Do you want to have a function instead or what's your intention?

One benefit is to have 'em all in SHOW ALL which can be used to compare
database/cluster settings, to mention one use case i have in mind.

--
Thanks
Bernd