Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Aggregation push-down

От Antonin Houska
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Aggregation push-down
Дата
Re: WIP: Aggregation push-down  (legrand legrand <legrand_legrand@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> This stuff seems very useful.  How come it sits unreviewed for so long?

I think the review is hard for people who are not interested in the planner
very much. And as for further development, there are a few design decisions
that can hardly be resolved without Tom Lane's comments. Right now I recall
two problems: 1) is the way I currently store RelOptInfo for the grouped
relations correct?, 2) how should we handle types for which logical equality
does not imply physical (byte-wise) equality?

Fortunately it seems now that I'm not the only one who cares about 2), so this
problem might be resolved soon:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2-Wzn3Ee49Gmxb7V1VJ3-AC8fWn-Fr8pfWQebHe8rYRxt5OQ%40mail.gmail.com

But 1) still remains.

--