create view security

От Wallingford, Ted
Тема create view security
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi All,

I am trying to enable my web site to create views in a database owned by a
user called ddirpts. Now, the web server runs as nobody, and nobody has a
user and database set up in Postgres.. But the problem is, whenever I have a
cgi program issue a create view query on the ddirpts database, the backend
reports Parse error at or near "". I can however issue create view commands
as ddirpts.

I was thinking this might be a security restriction, wherein no user can
create views/tables in another user's database without some kind of special
permission--problem is, how do I create the permission?

I am using 6.3 in this case.

Ted Wallingford
Manager of Information Technology
Independence Excavating, Inc.
Precision Environmental Co.
Independence Communications, Inc.
www.indexc.com

Вложения

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Function-based index not used in a simple query
Сообщение: Re: Function-based index not used in a simple query