Re: Problem restarting server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem restarting server
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Agust=EDn_Caminero_Herr=E1ez?= <agustin@info-ab.uclm.es> writes:
> [postgres@nodo2 ~]#  psql
> psql: FATAL:  los argumentos de l�nea de comando no son v�lidos para
> proceso servidor -->> command line arguments are not valid for server
> process
> HINT:  Pruebe "postgres --help" para mayor informaci�n.

Look again --- you seem to have invoked "postgres", not "psql".  There
is seldom any reason to invoke the "postgres" program directly.

If you really did type "psql" then your installation is messed up
(somehow postgres got copied over psql, I suppose).  Might be easiest
to remove and reinstall the programs.