Re: warning message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: warning message
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Heaven <steve@thornet.co.uk> writes:
> When I do a
> vacuum analyze ma_b;

> I get this message
> NOTICE:  Index ma_idx: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (17953) IS NOT THE SAME AS
> HEAP' (17952)

> It it anything to worry about and how do I fix it?

Dropping and recreating the index would probably make the message go
away.  We've been puzzling over sporadic reports of this notice for
some time now (check the pghackers archives).  If you can come up with
a reproducible way of getting into this state, we'd love to see it.
We know how to create a situation where there are fewer index than
heap tuples --- and that's harmless, at least for the known way of
causing it.  But we've got no idea how there could be more index than
heap entries.