Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial
Дата
Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial
Список pgsql-general
Hey Tom,
     I was trying to use 'US/Pacific-New' as my long, unabbreviated timezone and it wasn't working. I thought postgres
wasn'taccepting the unabbreviated, geopolitical, daylight savings time, time zones. Turns out, the server that I was
on,(not my own box), didn't have that in the '/usr/share/zoneinfo/US' directory. My bad.

     I just have to read more on how to get it out relative to a different time zone than it went in. I'll find it.

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
EARTH has a Right To Life

I agree with Bolivian President Evo Morales

# The right to life: "The right for no ecosystem to be eliminated by the irresponsible acts of human beings."

# The right of biosystems to regenerate themselves: "Development cannot be infinite. There's a limit on everything."

# The right to a clean life: "The right for Mother Earth to live without contamination, pollution. Fish and animals and
treeshave rights."

# The right to harmony and balance between everyone and everything: "We are all interdependent."

See the movie - 'Inconvenient Truth'
See the movie - 'Syriana'