Re: Fix for psql core dumping on bad user

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fix for psql core dumping on bad user
Дата
Re: Fix for psql core dumping on bad user  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-patches
"D. Hageman" <dhageman@dracken.com> writes:
> The postgresql interactive terminal will dump core on any script that is
> run via the -f command line option if their exists a connect line without
> a valid user.

Curiously, I see no core dump here:

$ cat zscript
\connect - testuser
$ psql -f zscript regression
psql:zscript:1: \connect: FATAL 1:  user "testuser" does not exist
$

Nonetheless, the comment at the top of do_connect() says that it
*should* terminate the program under these circumstances, so I'm not
sure why it doesn't.  Peter?