Re: Postgresql Hosting

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Postgresql Hosting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 4, 2005, at 10:28 PM, Richard Sydney-Smith wrote:

> I have asked my internet host to include postgresql as part of
> their service but it seems that there are issues in getting it to
> work with "cpanel" which is their support service for their
> clients. Is their a reason why Postgresql is harder to host than
> mysql? Is their any docs I can point the server admin to that would
> help him?
>
> If not what service providers are people recommending?

I'm a satisfied customer of http://www.a2hosting.com. They use
cpanel, so I'm not sure what the problem is. And the only thing you
use cpanel for is to create users and databases. Otherwise you use
phpPgAdmin (or psql if your account has shell access).

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL