Re: rotatelog / logrotate with PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rotatelog / logrotate with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Roland Roberts <roland@astrofoto.org> writes:
>     Tom> Should work to just pipe the postmaster's stderr into it, eg
>     Tom>     postmaster ... 2>&1 | logrotate ...  &

> Huh?  logrotate moves a log file, it doesn't log anything.

My mistake; I was assuming that that script did something else.
What PG is able to work with is a script that absorbs input on
stdin and sends it to a rotatable logfile.  Surely there are some
of those out there.

> Does the postmaster close the log after writing?

If it did, how would it reopen it?  It doesn't know where its stderr
points...

Сообщение: Re: rotatelog / logrotate with PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: rotatelog / logrotate with PostgreSQL