Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum, 2713 -

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum, 2713 -
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> writes:
> On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 10:25, Tom Lane wrote:
>> None of the index types support entries larger than BLOCKSIZE-less-a-bit,
>> so switching to a different index type won't do more than push the
>> problem out by a factor of about 3.

> Are they compressed?  It would look to me like maybe they are, or
> something strange like that.  When I fed highly compressable data into
> an indexed field, it took a LOT of said text to get a failure method.

Yes, we do try to compress large index entries --- so the BLOCKSIZE or
BLOCKSIZE/3 limitation applies after compression.  That's independent
of index type AFAIK.  What we don't have is a TOAST table backing every
index to allow out-of-line storage ...