Re: Could not build from source /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpgcommon_shlib

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Could not build from source /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpgcommon_shlib
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Dennis Suratna <dennis.suratna@gmail.com> writes:
> I am attempting to build postgres from source with a custom prefix
> directory and I am faced with the following error:

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpgcommon_shlib

What platform is that, exactly?

> This is the command that I ran:
> # Under /home/dennis/workspace/postgresql
> mkdir build_dir
> cd build_dir
> ../configure --enable-cassert --enable-debug --prefix
> /home/dennis/workspace/pgsql
> make

Hm ... it's not standard practice for the VPATH build directory to be
inside the source directory, I think --- usually the motivation for
using VPATH at all is to avoid modifying the source tree.  Having said
that, I tried such a setup (on a Fedora 30 box) and it built fine for
me.  I think there might be something wonky about your platform's
linker, or maybe make is broken?  Is src/common/libpgcommon_shlib.a
present in your build tree?

Сообщение: Re: Slow response to my query
Сообщение: Re: Slow response to my query