Re: HOST variable in psql

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: HOST variable in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

> On 27. Apr, 2020, at 15:13, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> [ shrug... ]  When connecting via a Unix socket, psql does not have a
> relevant "hostname" to report, so it reports what it's got.  You are
> ascribing a meaning to HOST that it does not have, never has had, and
> never can have in this case.

I'm not much of a C programmer, but there's AFAIK a C function to get the hostname. So it should IMHO be easy to put
somethinginto the psql init (and \c) code that calls the function and set the HOST variable accordingly. IMHO...

> There has been some talk of providing a way to execute stuff on reconnect,
> if memory serves, but nothing's been done about it.

thought so. So I'll have to work around that.

Thanks,
Paul

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL client hangs sometimes on 'EXEC SQL PREPAREsid_sisisinst FROM :select_anw;'
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL client hangs sometimes on 'EXEC SQL PREPARE sid_sisisinst FROM :select_anw;'