Re: Reported lengths of char fields - psqlODBC

От Clemens Ladisch
Тема Re: Reported lengths of char fields - psqlODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Bob Brodd wrote:
> Postgresql v 9.5.14
> psqlODBC  v1:09.03.0300-1

Please note that newer versions of the ODBC driver are backwards compatible,
and have bug fixes.

> I created a simple table containing one column of type  character (n).
> When I ask for the width of the column via (ODBC)SQLColAttribute function,
> it answers (n*6)

I guess you are asking not for SQL_DESC_LENGTH but SQL_DESC_OCTET_LENGTH?
The latter multiplies the column size (in characters) by the maximum possible
number of bytes per character, which is 4 in the Unicode driver, and 6 when
using UTF-8 as client encoding.  (In driver version 9.6.3, the UTF-8 value
was corrected to 4.)

Regards,
Clemens