Re: [HACKERS] More on shared objects problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More on shared objects problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> ldd now shows this.

> glaccount.so:
>          -lpq => /usr/pgsql/lib/libpq.so
>          -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

Actually, do you even need libpq?  That's a client-side library; I don't
think it should get linked into shlibs that are intended to be dynlinked
into the server...

> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so failed: dlopen (/usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so) failed
(/usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so:Undefined symbol "CurrentMemoryContext" (reloc type = 6, symnum = 6))

> CurrentMemoryContext is defined in the postmaster (I checked with nm) which
> is the program doing the dlopen.  Here is the relevant line from nm.
>
> 08138544 D CurrentMemoryContext

Hmm.  On HPUX there is a special linker switch you have to use when the
main program is linked to make the linker "export" the main-program
symbols so that they will be visible to dynlinked libraries.  Perhaps
your platform needs something similar.

От: "Ansley, Michael"
Сообщение: Late mail
От: wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Сообщение: Re: fmgr interface [was: plperl inital pass]