Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.1 Released!

От Kai Borgolte
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 v1.1 Released!
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Am 27.10.2016 um 14:36 schrieb QUIDOZ Marie-Claude:

> When I make a mistake in a query (eg select count ("CD_NOM")) from taxrefv90;) I have a bad message "Not connected to
theserver or the server connection has been closed."

Me too, error messages from the server are not shown. I thought this
must be a known limitation of current pgAdmin, so didn't complain
earlier. Example query:
SELECT foobar;

Messages from pgAdmin III (meaning "column foobar doesn't exist"):
FEHLER:  Spalte »foobar« existiert nicht
LINE 1: SELECT foobar;              ^

********** Error **********

FEHLER: Spalte »foobar« existiert nicht
SQL state: 42703
Character: 8

Message from pgAdmin 4:
Not connected to the server or the connection to the server has been closed.

pgAdmin 4 version 1.1
same result on PostgreSQL 9.6.1 on localhost and
PostgreSQL 9.6.0 on remote server
Windows 10 on both computers
I have used pgAdmin 4 several times over weeks, so this is not solved
with rebooting.

Additional remarks:

It takes substantial more time and more typing/clicking to start the
program, select connection and database and open the Query Tool with
pgAdmin 4 compared to pgAdmin III.

While a long running query executes, pgAdmin 4 shows neither progress,
messages nor elapsed time. Most times "Initializing the query
execution!" or sometimes "Waiting for the query execution to
complete..." on a greyed out screen, until the query is finished.

--
Kai Borgolte, Bonn

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: no search box on query tool toolbar
От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin4-1.1 when in pgdg repo?