Re: --EXTERNAL--Re: PSQL does not remove obvious useless joins

От Sfiligoi, Igor
Тема Re: --EXTERNAL--Re: PSQL does not remove obvious useless joins
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nope, no difference how I express the joins:
create view v1 as
select c.id, c.a_id, c.b1_id, c.b2_id , c.b3_id, a.name a_name, b1.name b1_name, b2.name b2_name, b3.name b3_name
from c join  a on (c.a_id=a.id) join  b b1 on (c.b1_id=b1.id) join b b2 on (c.b2_id=b2.id) join b b3 on
(c.b3_id=b3.id);

# explain select id, b1_name from v1;
                                   QUERY PLAN
 Nested Loop  (cost=1.02..5.47 rows=1 width=7)
   Join Filter: (c.b3_id = b3.id)
   ->  Nested Loop  (cost=1.02..4.34 rows=1 width=11)
         Join Filter: (c.a_id = a.id)
         ->  Nested Loop  (cost=1.02..3.25 rows=1 width=15)
               Join Filter: (c.b2_id = b2.id)
               ->  Hash Join  (cost=1.02..2.12 rows=1 width=19)
                     Hash Cond: (b1.id = c.b1_id)
                     ->  Seq Scan on b b1  (cost=0.00..1.06 rows=6 width=7)
                     ->  Hash  (cost=1.01..1.01 rows=1 width=20)
                           ->  Seq Scan on c  (cost=0.00..1.01 rows=1 width=20)
               ->  Seq Scan on b b2  (cost=0.00..1.06 rows=6 width=4)
         ->  Seq Scan on a  (cost=0.00..1.04 rows=4 width=4)
   ->  Seq Scan on b b3  (cost=0.00..1.06 rows=6 width=4)
(14 rows)

Igor

PS: Here are the updated table definitions:
create table a (id int not null primary key, name varchar(128));
create table b (id int not null primary key, name varchar(128));
create table c (id int not null primary key, a_id int not null references a(id), b1_id int not null references b(id),
b2_idint not null references b(id), b3_id int not null references b(id));