Re: pgindent run next week?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgindent run next week?
Дата
Re: pgindent run next week?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2019-05-17 10:29:46 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> We should do a pgindent run fairly soon, so that people with patches
>> awaiting the next CF will have plenty of time to rebase them as
>> necessary.
>> I don't want to do it right this minute, to avoid making trouble for the
>> several urgent patches we're trying to get done before Monday's beta1
>> wrap.  But after the beta is tagged seems like it'd be a good time.

> +1

Hearing no objections, I'll plan on running pgindent tomorrow sometime.

The new underlying pg_bsd_indent (2.1) is available now from

https://git.postgresql.org/git/pg_bsd_indent.git

if anyone wants to do further testing on it.  (To use it with current
pgindent, adjust the INDENT_VERSION value in that script.  You don't
really need to do anything else; the code rendered unnecessary by this
change won't do anything.)

> Would we want to also apply this to the back branches to avoid spurious
> conflicts?

I think we should hold off on any talk of that until we get some results
from Mark Dilger (or anyone else) on how much pain it would cause for
people carrying private patches.