Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints, final patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints, final patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> While thinking about this, I made an observation on full_page_writes.
> Currently, we perform a full page write whenever LSN < RedoRecPtr. If
> we're clever, we can skip or defer some of the full page writes:

I'm not convinced this is safe; in particular, ISTM that a PITR slave
following the WAL log is likely to be at risk if it tries to restart
from the checkpoint you've omitted some full-page-images after.  There's
no guarantee it will have flushed pages at the same spots the master did.