Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Checkpoint request failed on version 8.2.1.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 09:47:55AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, I didn't claim that Windows AV software is bug-free ;-).  What I
>> said was that I'm not certain it's related to the "permission denied"
>> reports, as opposed to other problems.  Or are your stack traces
>> specifically for "permission denied" failures?

> I have at least two cases specifically for the permission denied
> failures in postgres.

Actually, it could still be the same problem, with the AV software only
involved to the extent that it's trying to scan files for viruses.
That could result in the AV code holding a table file open for a little
bit (or not such a little bit, if it's a big table) after it's nominally
been deleted, and that's exactly the situation we see checkpoints
failing in.