Fwd: Diffrence between 8.0.3 and 8.1.3

От Yann PICHOT
Тема Fwd: Diffrence between 8.0.3 and 8.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yann PICHOT <ypichot@gmail.com>
Date: 4 juil. 2006 10:07
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Diffrence between 8.0.3 and 8.1.3
To: Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>

2006/7/3, Yann PICHOT < ypichot@gmail.com>:

Yes i describe exactly my test. Tomorrow, i download and install 8.1.4 and i test it again. I do my test with JDK 1.5.

--
Yann

Hi,

I install 8.1.4 and i do test and i have the same problem.

When i use this SQL request : SELECT col1, cast(' ' as varchar(3)) as mycol FROM mytable, getColumnDisplaySize return -5.
When i use this SQL request : SELECT col1, cast(' ' as varchar(3)) as mycol, getColumnDisplaySize return 3 !!!!

I do these tests with SQL_ASCII and LATIN9 database code page.

Regards,

--
Yann

--