Re: Inserts restricted to a trigger

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Inserts restricted to a trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/17/19 4:54 PM, Miles Elam wrote:
> Is there are way to restrict direct access to a table for inserts but
> allow a trigger on another table to perform an insert for that user?
>
> I'm trying to implement an audit table without allowing user tampering
> with the audit information.

Would the below not work?:
CREATE the table as superuser or other privileged user
Have trigger function run as above user(use SECURITY DEFINER)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?
Сообщение: Re: psql UPDATE field [tab] expands to DEFAULT?