Re: Multi-Dimensional Histograms

От Nathan Boley
Тема Re: Multi-Dimensional Histograms
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Finally, this creates the partition but ( AFAICT ) it doesn't describe
>> a method for locating the histogram estimate given a point ( although
>> that doesn't seem too difficult ).

> Is that "not difficult," in terms of the math that needs doing, or
> "not difficult," in terms of how well PostgreSQL is already set up to
> implement, or...?

I only meant that any implementation would need to address this, but I
can think of simple ways to do it ( for instance, use the fixed width
grid method, and then store a reference to all of the intersecting
boxes ). But I am sure that there are much better ways ( nested
containment lists perhaps? ).

-Nathan

Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation
Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation