Re: Amazon Linux Support?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Amazon Linux Support?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/30/19 8:40 AM, Michael Nolan wrote:

>     Updated by Devrim Gündüz 4 days ago
>
>     "
>     Hi,
>
>     We dropped Amazon Linux support years ago, there were lots of
>     compatibility issues. The new repo RPMs just reflect that.
>
>     Please switch to a supported distro, or rebuild RPMs from SRPMS.
>
>     Regards, Devrim
>

> I"m not sure exactly what this means, we got a notice from Amazon
> recently about EOL issues for PG 9.3 on an RDS server, is that related?
> (I don't handle AWS administration issues.)

I would say not. Pretty sure the notice you got is about:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

Version Current minor     Supported First Release     Final Release
9.3     9.3.25             No       September 9, 2013     November 8, 2018

In other words about Postgres 9.3 being past EOL as of past November.

What the OP was referring to was Amazon's version of Linux:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/amazon-linux-ami-basics.html

which is based off RH. The community RH repos no longer support that distro.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: operator does not exist: timestamp without time zone +integer
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: operator does not exist: timestamp without time zone +integer