Re: 2021-02-11 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: 2021-02-11 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/10/21 10:19 AM, Chapman Flack wrote:
> On 02/10/21 10:15, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you want s/may/many/?
>>
>> Nope. The bugs may also apply to other versions. Maybe to be clearer
>> I'll /may/could/?
>
> If that's what was intended, shouldn't it be "but others may also apply
> to other supported versions"?                     ^^^^^^
>
> Surely the ones that "only affect version 13" do not affect other versions,
> not even on a 'may' or 'could' basis.

The main goals of the release announcement are to:

* Let people know there are update releases for supported versions that
fix bugs.
* Provide a glimpse at what is fixed so the reader can determine their
level of urgency around updating.
* Direct people on where to download and find out more specifics about
the releases.

I appreciate the suggestions on this sentence, but I don't think the
desired goals hinges on this one word.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: 2021-02-11 release announcement draft
Сообщение: Re: 2021-02-11 release announcement draft